Monday, June 26, 2006

Observing People

Yesterday I happened to travel alone, while coming back home from classes. The bus was heavily crammed. Fortunately I got some room to balance myself against the bumpy roads, thanks to the recent downpour. I slowly relaxed resting my weight against the taut support of the pole. I kind of loved this position as it gave me the liberty to do what I enjoy doing, scrutinize people. Though it is discourteous to stare at people, I managed to do it somehow. This time my eyes were stuck on two women, sitting rite in front of me. Contrasting personalities they were indeed!

The woman occupying the window seat appeared to belong from the laborer class. Her dark dehydrated skin spelled the effects of the scorching sun she slogged under. Her craggy wrinkled face spoke about the adversities she had overcome. Her deep brown eyes depicted her dream to secure her kid’s future and confidence to accomplish her aspirations. The crease on her temples revealed the heavy burden of loans she carried on her fragile shoulders. The bright crimson kum-kum on her partially silvered locks showed the love and devotion she still had for her drunkard husband. Inspite of her distressing plight, she had a calm cherubic aura around her. She seemed to enjoy the cool breeze grazing her cheeks. She had learnt to enjoy life come what may.

Now my focus shifted on the lady sitting right beside her. Elegantly dressed, soft blue eyes, fair satin smooth skin, rosy pink cheeks, she posed a pleasant picture. Her slender manicured hands were adorned with dozens of bright green bangles; I suppose she was newly married. Her beautiful almond shaped eyes twinkled every time she bashfully smiled at her hubby. They revealed her dreams of a lovely happy family.

If you observe, both the women had some or other dream to have a happy future ahead. Life is all about dreams and aspirations and working towards them. So dream fearlessly...let your dreams touch the sky and stars!!!

5 comments:

roy! said...

hmmm......another piece of beautiful chain of thoughts ,very much into the reality of today.
go on aneesha ,expecting more of such posts from you

Samrat said...

Perceptive. Description looks like a blend of Sherlock Holmes(ACD) and Naipaul.

Unknown said...

@roy: Thanx

@samrat: Thanx..cldnt access ur blog.Do post ur blog's url!

Sid said...

Pretty imaginative!

Unknown said...

nice observation lady!