Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Brutal End!

“I have always loved watching the sun set behind the cluster of mountains, sink into the bottomless oceans, and disappear behind the unreachable horizons but watching it fade behind the super tall glass and steel structures was a welcome change. It was just another perfect evening. The sky was alive with hues of red and orange smeared immaturely. The colossal structures in grey and steel punctuated the landscape belligerently. What a stark contrast they presented! But the sun appeared sad today. I felt she was reluctant to go; I don’t know the reason though! Finally she disappeared and I felt like a mother sending off her daughter. “ Nevermind , she’ll be back tomorrow,” I told myself and welcomed the moon with open arms.

The moon seemed discontent too. Or is he sick? The brilliant shimmering lights that welcomed the moon everyday didn’t accompany him today. Is that the reason for his gloom? Or is it the devil that has spread its wings across the sky? Oh Yes, it is…I can see the devil swelling its viciousness out of those tall shining chimneys. My poor moon!

The devil seems to have bigger plans and I can smell it. The nauseating odor has left me longing for some fresh air…Usually a whiff of fresh air comes to my rescue but today it seems busy. I am out of breath.

As I struggle to catch some air, my parched throat craves for water; but not a drop of liquid around. I feel weak but not a sympathetic soul to hold me up. I wonder how can things go wrong so fast? Or Was I painlessly slipping? A wave of relaxation and agitation wrapped into one grope me. I feel agitated because my end is untimely and relaxed because I would be finally free from the earthly agonies. My flesh is cold and my soul lifeless; but my heart is burning. A devastating fire is razing me from inside. I can feel the heat spread and bloat me. I am like a bubble ready to burst. My skin is cracking but I am helpless. God, do I really deserve such a brutal end?”

Mother Earth exploded and a thousand pieces flew across the Milky Way! All that remained were memories of a green and blue life nurturing planet!

6 comments:

SaiK said...

hey.. good to see u back... a typical day in a typical city :).. i see vast ocean and a vast concrete jungle from my office.. what a contrast.. it looks good only at night from an aircrafts window seat :P

RicochetRabbit said...

well..on the ocntrary..i can see...lush greenery all aroung my office...cuz its actually in a gaon...n is named too like a gaon- Global Village, but as soon as I step out its all d same as u describe....infact...i believe...if the nature were given d power of speech...it couldn't have described its emotions in a more better way....

Cheers to hav u back...

Unknown said...

@Sai: Mumbai..Concrete jungle it is!

@Ricochetrabbit: Thanks Devar! Global village sounds fashionably rustic...:)

Sanal... said...

wow very nice post...u shld post it in some enviro magazine...people will realize that they have to take care of the earth or one day wat u have said may become true...

Shamanth Huddar said...

mindblowing!

you captured every detail with such precision....excellent work!

so less words, yet so many emotions!

in just a couple of paragraphs, you took us through millions of years of the so called "evolution" which hopefully wont end the way you wrote!

let's take care!

Unknown said...

@Sanal:Thnksss :)

@Shamanth:I think it's high time we don't consider it as another science fiction and make some REAL efforts to correct the entire process!!